The under 14s advance to the second round of National Cup after a 6-2 win over Midleton (A).
A tricky start to the game had the blues 2-2 at half time but when the lads settled down they really started playing some good football and scored some brillant goals. Great performance from all the lads and we move on to the next round.
Well done to Rory, Shay & Rhys, represented Crosshaven AFC at Cork U12 trials at the weekend. We are all proud of the lads. Great recognition of the hard work and training put in by not only the players but their coaches as well.
Crosshaven u13s advanced to the second round of the National Cup after a home win against Ringmahon Rangers A on Saturday. With some key players missing, the squad were in top form and took a deserved 3-1 lead in at half time. Ringmahon fought back courtesy of some well taken free kicks and a penalty but crosshaven were always dangerous on the attack and defensively solid in general play. Despite giving away a last minute consolation goal to a very well taken long range free kick, Crosshaven were not flattered by the 5-4 winning margin.  All of Crosshaven’s goals came from general play and good teamwork. The full squad of 13 lads played well and are finding the shape and form that will stand then in good stead for the forthcoming games including a home friendly versus Everton on Tuesday evening 19th.
The U15’s exited the National Cup this morning following a 2-1 away defeat away to Everton. The game wasn’t much of a spectacle as the long grass & opponents physical style made the game very stop-start. Everton started the brighter & had an early chance to open the scoring when Ronan O’Donoghue was adjudged to have fouled in the area. Replays showed he clearly won the ball but today’s referee Stephen Wonder pointed to the spot. Justice prevailed though when Conor Finn brilliantly saved. The games second major incident saw Peter Lehane carried off the pitch when he was caught late after clearing the ball. Yellow card. Everton did take the lead five minutes before the break when Garryowen was spilled by Conor leaving the Everton striker with a simple tap in. Crosshaven made two changes at the break with both Adam Maye & Zach Murphy entering proceedings. Within five minutes Crosser were level. The two substitutes combined before Mayes shot hit the crossbar and the ball crossed the line off an in rushing defender. Crosshaven dominated the next ten minutes with Patrick Cotter twice going close. Everton however hit back & regained the lead with 15 minutes remaining. Crosshaven pushed & pushed but couldn’t find a way through in the end bowing out 2-1.
Juniors bow out of FAI Junior cup to Bandon in dramatic style. The game finished 3 all at full time with goals from Rory and Gavin Rogers. Crosshaven fought hard to the end with Redvers McGrath scoring the equaliser on the 90 minute. The blues then went 4-3 down straight away in extra time but Redvers McGrath again got an equaliser with 2 mins to go for the game to finish 4-4 after extra time. Lady luck was not to be on our side and the lads eventually lost on penalties 5-4. Hard fought effort from the juniors who return to league action next week.